Boating and Travel

Saturday, October 1, 2011

"I've had rougher days tied to the dock!"

Last summer while we were cruising the Mediterranean, we had a set of guests come on that would have not made the greatest seamen and didn't quite have their "sea legs" on yet. While we were out for a pretty calm nice and easy boat ride some of the guests got sea sick. It's always fun to joke around about it because every one has been there before or hasn't felt the best at sea. So when the guests got sick one of the engineers says, "I've had rougher days tied to the dock!" At the time I didn't know if it was possible, but last night proved it for sure. We were docked in Rhodes and the swell and wind was coming in so strong we had to secure everything as if we were out at sea. The only way I could sleep was laying on my back. I figured that out after nearly falling off the top buck 2 or 3 times. We also had boat docked 3 feet away from us which caused for some very close calls. After a restless night of sleep and long day it will definitely an experience I won't soon forget.
-A

No comments:

Post a Comment