Boating and Travel

Thursday, April 7, 2011

San Marino

So we took a trip to the Republic of San Marino yesterday. It is an independent country landlocked by Italy. It was about an hour drive from Fano, which we are staying at now. The city was really neat and over looked the Italian country. The city had a med-evil feel but updated to meet modern needs. The city had 3 old castles, the whole city was duty free and reminded me of an Indian reservation. They could sell weapons such as knives, and guns that weren't legal to sell in Italy and also everything was tax free. The new pictures on Flickr show the land scape and us just having fun! Hope you enjoy, does any one even read this?
Andrew

3 comments:

  1. YES.... I really enjoy your blog. I feel like I'm living vicariously though you :-) Please don't give up on us because we don't comment :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes,yes,yes,I read it all the time!! How many weapons did you buy?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks you two, I know people read it just wanted to get a rise out of someone. Unfortunately I was not able to purchase any weapons, although there were many I would have liked to. Sometimes while traveling in foreign countries such as Italy, France, etc. the coast guard will do a search of the boat for proper paper work, passports, and if they see something they don't like they could search the boat. I figured it wasn't worth going to jail over, although my Captain would probably be the one behind bars! ;)

    ReplyDelete