Boating and Travel

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Venice!

Well folks we finally made it to Venice. A month and a half and nearly 900 nautical miles later and we are sitting just a minute walk from St. Mark's Square. We arrived a few days ago and have had a chance to walk the narrow street-ways and crossed some of the 409 bridges in the city. Venice is truly a city by water. No cars, no bikes, just boats and walkers. Everything is transported by boat, food, garbage, police, ambulance, taxi, etc. The narrow canals are so unique (some of our pictures show everyday life here). One draw back that I have found here is that there are so many people! I have heard more English spoken here then my whole time in Italy. But if one can get past the mass of people, it truly is a great city. One thing we would like to do before we leave is go on a gondola ride, we still have time so we may fit it in ;) Since it is a tourist destination everything is a little more spendy. My precious cappuccinos run about 4.5 euros so I have to get them sparingly, (I don't think my mother-in-law would let that fly in her old coffee shop ;) We still have a few more days here so we will probably get some more site seeing in. Hope you enjoy the new pictures!
Andrew 

No comments:

Post a Comment