Boating and Travel

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Greek Cuisine

Tonight I went out for a traditional Greek meal, the gyro. As I sat enjoying my gyro with some dirt cheap house white wine, I wondered where the gyro came from and how long have the Greeks been enjoying this simple but delicious meal. The gyro, pronounced like euro was brought to Greece over 100 years ago. Throughout the Mediterranean and other parts of the world the gyro has taken many different forms. The way I and many Greeks enjoy this dish is with pork, tzatziki sauce, tomatoes, onion, fried potatoes, all wrapped in pita bread. The gyro to Greece is like the hamburger to America, cheap, fast, and tasty.
-A

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete