Boating and Travel

Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Day 4 in Indonesia. Andrew has already made the proclamation that Bali is his favorite place! So I suppose I should keep a good journal of the trip for him! We arrived in Denpensar, Bali at 3:30 pm local time, completing a 35 hour trip. Fhew! When we arrived at our accommodation house we were greeted by our charming and helpful hosts, Ana and Aljosa. We planned to clean up and get a bite to eat but succumbed to a "quick cat nap," insisting that we would only sleep for 20 min and go get some dinner. Well that didn't happen. We woke up at 1:00 am. So since dinner was now out of the question we went back to bed. After that we really adjusted to the time change well. We had 2 days in Seminyak. I shopped, and hit the beach. Then we got on a local ferry to the island of Lembongan. We have an amazing local style hut for the next 6 nights. Open air bathroom and a balcony off our room. We rented a scooter for $6 a day and our dinners out have been around $15 each night. Gotta love it!! (If you know me well, you know I'm cheap, so this makes me happy ;) We were hoping to scuba dive today but I have a pretty bad cold so we will hopefully dive tomorrow. Fingers crossed! There are 20 different dives here on the island so we need to get going! Andrew is away at a surf lesson. His new years resolution this year was to learn to surf so he has 4 months! We've met some great people so far. In the hut next to us is a couple from Sioux Falls, South Dakota. How ironic! They are living in Japan, teaching English. Glad we could go out with them and have so much in common. Anyways, I need to go put another layer of aloe vera on my sun burn. We'll keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment